The SIUE Small Business Development Center (SIUE SBDC) is a service to the community supported by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, and Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE) School of Business.
SIUE houses two Small Business Development Centers, the Southwestern Illinois Entrepreneur Center and the International Trade Center. All Centers provide resources and information to the Southwestern Illinois Business community and the University.
Our Center is directly affiliated with the federal, state and local resources for small business.The SIUE SBDC serves as the direct source for your small business needs.
By assisting companies in defining their path to success, the SIUE SBDC network positively impacts the Southwestern Illinois Region by strengthening existing companies, creating new jobs, retaining existing jobs. The SIUE SBDC enhances Southwestern Illinois’s economic interests providing one-stop assistance to individuals by means of counseling, training, research, and advocacy for new ventures and existing small businesses. When appropriate, the SIUE SBDC strives to affiliate its ties to the Southwestern Illinois Region to support the goals and objectives of both the SIUE School of Business and the University at large.
The SIUE School of Business will be a nationally recognized premier metropolitan business school that develops highly skilled and innovative graduates who enhance businesses organizations and communities.
Our mission in the SIUE School of Business is to engage in high-quality instruction, research, and professional activities to prepare current and future business professionals and to improve business practice. These efforts add value: for students, by enhancing their career prospects; for organizations, by developing business professionals who meet their needs and stimulate innovation; and for business disciplines, by producing and disseminating timely and relevant scholarship.
We are committed to:
- providing a leading-edge environment for educating undergraduate, graduate and continuing education students that fosters creativity, critical thinking, ethical behavior, and an appreciation of globalization and diversity.
- developing and sustaining partnerships with businesses and the regional community that lead to professional opportunities for students, alumni, faculty, and regional constituents.
- offering programs responsive to the needs of our key stakeholders.
- fostering a vibrant regional economy through the exchange of ideas and knowledge.
- maintaining a highly competent administrative and support staff.
- developing and retaining a high-quality faculty whose members strive for excellence, are current in their fields and make scholarly contributions through discipline-based, applied and pedagogical research.